Such solemn assemblies often served for getting new experiences, information related to the cultural and ethnic themes. It was widespread to celebrate the time of the crop harvesting, so the emergence of the festival
as a special events is tied to religion and folklore.
In ancient Greece and Rome festivals were presented in the form of community meetings to discuss the political and social processes. The end of the war, the victory over the enemy, that is historically significant events also gave ground for the development of festivals
The popularity of mass celebration in the way that we imagine now can be compared to dance entertainments with background music that received wide popularity in Great Britain of the XVII century. Already at the beginning of XX century the international festivals
were organized in the world under different slogans: “For peace and friendship,” “Against the war.”
has a fairly large list of festivals which are held annually in different regions and months. Folk festivals
, solemn gala-events, public holidays are closely intertwined and their celebration became a real national tradition for every Frenchman and a great leisure time for tourists.
Festivals in France
are bright celebrations that make the country lively, inspiring new experiences and surprise by the scale of their organization. The greatest number of events falls on the summer.
is a perfect location for the most interesting and enjoyable festivals
. In particular, very popular ones are:
- Truffle Festival in Grasse – the real connoisseurs of “black delicacy” gather there;
- The Avignon Equestrian Festival – the equestrian sports competitions where you can see the best thoroughbred horses are held annually;
- Nice Carnival – is held under different themes, but the main feature is dressing up dancers, actors and musicians in extravagant costumes and their passage in this appearance down the Promenade des Anglais, and it all looks really impressive and fabulous;
- Cannes International Film Festival – a prestigious event in the field of cinematography where the exhibition of fine films of famous directors take place and around legendary stars, hundreds of journalists and thousands of tourists gather around the city;
- Fireworks Festival in Monaco, Cannes – a great show lasting 40 min., on which the teams from different countries work, so be sure it will be remembered by everyone;
You will be pleasantly surprised by the huge selection of festivals
which are offered in Provence
the leading themes of which are films, food and drinks, religion, music, dolls, home decor items, etc. Exciting and colourful French festivals provide a true delight and leave only positive impressions of your trip.